View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 12:11 AM
WSI High Priest

I know it may be very unpopular here, and I can see where people are coming from when they want these guys lynched, but I really believe that Luis Vizcaino is much better than what he's shown, and will end up being an important contributor to a division-winning bullpen before all is said and done. Same thing with Jermaine Dye.

Plus, it's Twins fans, not us, that should be freaking out. We lost to a first place team, and the Twins couldn't capitalize. Another game off the schedule, another day where we're still 5 games up.

Yes, we didn't sweep the Cubs. Yes, we looked very flat today. Yes, I wholeheartedly disagree with Ozzie's decision Sunday. Yes, I want to make a move to get somebody else playing 3B everyday in August and September.

But the bottom line is, 4 games have been wiped off the schedule in this period of time where the Twins didn't gain an inch. If the Twins can't shave a game or two off of our lead during stretches like this where we have some things go wrong, advantage White Sox.

We're going to split with this team, and there's nothing wrong with a split on the road against a first place team.

The Twins are going to split with Cleveland, and we will still be 5 games up on Friday morning, just like we were last Friday.