View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 04:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
Anderson confirmed that he'll start the year in AAA. He said it'll be nice to play in a hitter's park but, more importantly, it means that he'll be that much closer to playing in the major leagues. He appeared to be 100% recovered from his injuries. Brian is a very nice fellow. Being a local guy, he was the most accessible player, though most of the minor leaguers and a few of the major leaguers also were very accessible. Brian came over to sign and chat with the fans both days. The first time, Deuce asked him for baseball for Lt. Deuce. Brian said, "I don't think I can get a baseball for him." I replied, "Lt. Deuce is the cute blond sitting in the eighth row." After she stood up and waved, Brian said, "I'll see what I can do," and returned a few minutes later with a ball. When he saw her in the same section the next day, he stopped running; asked "aren't you 'Sgt., Lt., Capt. Deuce?'; and signed the ball for her.
Brian Anderson rules. Probably the nicest guy out there. He spent a good deal of time before the games signing autographs and chatting with fans. He played very well on Friday, gave my wife a ball on Saturday, and signed it on Sunday. Then, as he was heading to the dugout, he came back towards us and acted like he was going to through us his bat. Obviously, that was not going to happen, but I did appreciate the gesture. A class act without a doubt. I hope to see him soon in the majors... with the White Sox of course.

Deuce