View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 12:59 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi
Don't know how many of you guys watched the game yesterday, but with all of the ST games on this is a great opportunity to see our youngsters play.

I continue to be unimpressed by Sean Tracey after yesterday's performance. Still has brutal mechanics that betray him, couldn't get his breaking stuff over, all which led to bouts of wildness. He still has nice pop on his 4 seamer and was able to get his 2 seamer over as well, but that still makes him a future reliever at best. Why BA (Phil Rogers) hypes this guy is beyond me.

The guy who made the best impression on me was Casey Rogowski (again). Has great plate presence, a smooth swing, and has great athletic ability for such a big man. I believe he could be a backup in the majors now.

Also, even though Sweeney made an out, he still has that beautiful left handed swing and made solid contact with the ball driving the CF back. Get some more strength on that kid and he could be a star.
I agree on Tracey. IMO Borch's swing looked much shorter than I remembered. I've always been a big Rogo fan, and Hawk seemed to think he was in for a big breakout year (isn't everyone with Hawk, though). If Casey can put up numbers in the .290-.300 range this year at AA and hit ~20 HR's, I'd consider that a very successful season.