View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 04:50 PM
WSI Personality

I understand your frustration. And this may not be a banner year for the Knights either. (If B-Mac and Anderson start at Birmingham, there may not be one decent prospect on the Knights.) But I do believe there is some good news on the horizon. Given the two-year contract for Dye, I think there is a chance that you'll see a full year of Brian Anderson at Charlotte in 2006. It's likely Sweeney will play at least one year in Charlotte if not two, given his age. A player like Casey Rogowski figures to spend quite a bit of time there if the Sox resign Konerko. Pedro Lopez, Robert Valido and Chris Young are all either very young or very raw. Those types of players often spend at least one year at Triple A. I agree B-Mac will blow through Charlotte. I believe he'll start the season in Birmingham, make a few starts in Charlotte and be in the major league rotation by 2006 at the latest. But by that time Tyler Lumsden, Ray Liotta, Wes Whisler, Gio Gonzalez, Daniel Haigwood, and Ryan Rodriguez figure to be knocking on the door of Triple A. KW can't trade all of them. Can he?