View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 12:42 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wealz
Anderson, Sweeney, McCarthy. Terrific. Compare that to other systems around baseball and you'll find it to be severely lacking. It was below medocre before the trades of Reed, Francisco, Webster, Ring, etc. too. Top end prospects has been virtually non-existent the last 4 years.

Middle-of-the-pack revenues coupled with one of the 3 or 4 worst systems in baseball is a recipe for disaster.
I think 29 out of 30 is a bit of an exageration since there are a lot of horrible systems out there. We've got Rauch and Munoz at AAA and very recently Diaz and Borchard. A lot of teams can't boast that type of major league ready talent. Anderson at AA and Sweeney, Fields, and Rogowski (a huge sleeper when going with a tools based perspective as BA or Sports Weekly use since he's not flashy and they will underrate his outstanding plate discipline) at WS. I think we're definitely in the lower third just not second to last.

There are definitely some players KW has traded (obviously Reed in particular) that I think we sorely miss.

.252/.316/.343 for Seattle in 2005

23 for 58 with 4 2Bs, 7 BBs, and 3 SBs for Seattle in 2004

.305/.366/.455 with 13 SB in 15 Attempts at AAA Tacoma in 2004