View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 03:05 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi
He has numbers like a power pitcher, but he really isn't. Fastball usually sits between 89-92, has a nice curve, and his out pitch is some sort of cutter. He's still pretty young and lanky, so he might still add some mph. What most scouts say is his biggest asset is that he has the biggest heart of any Chicago pitching prospect since Black Jack. He'd definitely be one of the "grinder" types that KW likes.
To add to that, command, command, and more command. Bmac can throw the ball threw a teacup. His velocity is also up a bit this year and its my personal belief that he projects to still add another 1-2 MPH to his fastball.

He has added some muscle mass though, he's now in the 200LB range which is good cause he was really tall and lanky earlier.

In my opinion he is now the top pitching prospect in the organization. I have never been that high on Honel, minus his sick curve, and well Wing is a guy I really like, but its going to take him time and who knows about shoulders.

Also, just to point out, but Haigwood had his knee operated on or something leg related while Rodriguez had like a minor shoulder thing or something. Both have been solid for Kanny, especially considering they are coming back from injury, but neither should be rushed.

The next pitchers to move up from Kanny will likely be Flores or Miller, imo.