Thread: Reed hurt
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 10:20 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Becker, Sasser, Murphy, maybe Bikowski? They can also move a guy or 2 up to replace a career minor leaguer in Charlotte? I guess I could see them makinig room for a couple of guys, but i'm still dumbfoundned why Rogowski wasn't promoted but Becker, essentially a non-prospect was.
I thought the same exact then when I heard Becker was coming up instead of Rogowski. They could move Murphy, but he is a veteran presence and is good for that team. Bikowski won't go anywhere unless he is traded. Sasser playes 3B so that doesn't help us, although I think he could be let go. Not sure what the deal with Becker is. I envision an OF of mostly Anderson, Spidale and Bikowski, with Becker at 1B. Murphy and Rogowski can rotate in while also DH'ing, but that leaves out Martel who is a pretty good AA player. Razor likes him and he gives everything he has, so he is a good guy to be in the lineup. He won't wow you with stats, but he is a good role player.

Despite the main goal of developing players, they also do what they can to keep a "team" intact and give the team a chance to win.