Thread: AA Prospects
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 12:11 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie Comiskey
It was great to see Kris Honel pitch yesterday in Birmingham(so be it only an inning). He walked one batter and faced the minimum of 3 batters in the 8th inning. A good first step...but he has a long way to go. I've seen Mike Morse mentioned on here a few times....a 6-4 shortstop who has really come on offensively and plays good defense. I don't think I've ever seen a power shortstop prospect in all my years of following the Sox. Even though he probably will not play shortstop long term it is amazing this guy has not been on the radar screen for prospects. I've also seen Michael Spidale's name on here....this guy is a gamer and most importantly grew up a Sox fan....so he know's and echoes our passion for the Sox. Jeff Bajenaru (closer) is solid and hopefully will get a looksie down the road. Ruddy Yan is a slap-hitter and is considered the fastest guy in the organization. His average has dipped so the jury is out on his offense.
All these guys are suspect prospects for variious reasons. Baj probably has the best pro potential, despite his age, he'd lost a year or more to elbow surgery. Morse has never hit until now, so he will have to keep it up long-term, and he has Jeff Kent-type range, so he is more of a corner IF'er but may be able to play some 2b, but not ideal by any means.