View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 11:07 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteorsSox4367 View Post
You're exactly right. If the Sox' ceremony for Konerko is on the same day as Bears-Packers, there will be more coverage in the papers regarding how Patrick Mannelly's successor as the Bears' long snapper is progressing than info and quotes from Konerko.

Shoot, there might be more stuff in the papers regarding the Cubs' minor-league players. Heaven forbid one or more of those guys are called up or already playing in the bigs.

At least on Saturday for Sunday's paper, the primary competition for space would be college football.

For what he's done for the Sox, Konerko deserves as much ink as possible.
Maybe for the reason of college football being big on Saturdays, Friday might be a good option for the event instead of Saturday or Sunday. It's not like it's in the middle of the week, and they could maybe have the firework display set to a track selected by Paul Konerko himself.

I just don't miss Bears games, so I would be watching the Bears game 100% on Sunday. There are only 16 of them (plus 4 preseason, and hopefully playoffs), and they are my 2nd favorite team behind the Blackhawks. The only bit of a Bears game I will miss this season will be the first quarter of the game in Green Bay, because I have a ticket to the Blackhawks game that night.

23 Other Games I have (all season tickets):
11/1 @ Toronto Maple Leafs, 11/2 vs. Winnipeg, 11/7 vs. Washington, 11/9 vs. San Jose, 11/16 vs. Dallas, 12/5 vs. Montreal, 12/16 vs. Minnesota, 12/21 vs. Toronto, 12/23 vs. Winnipeg, 1/4 vs. Dallas, 1/6 vs. Colorado, 1/16 vs. Winnipeg, 1/18 vs. Dallas, 1/20 vs. Arizona, 2/9 vs. Arizona, 2/11 vs. Vancouver, 2/20 vs. Colorado, 2/22 vs. Boston, 3/6 vs. Edmonton, 3/17 vs. New York Islanders, 3/27 vs. Columbus, 3/30 vs. Los Angeles, 4/2 vs. Vancouver