View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 01:22 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Bad decision making is bad. What exactly was the goal, to let Sale get back to the 130 pitch count again? That worked so well the first time.

Ugh, brutal loss, pin this one squarely on Robin's chest. No excuse for not pulling Sale the second the shutout was gone, but when the next guy reached base only a dumbass would have left him in. Once the bases were loaded how the **** does he pitch to Trout?!!?!?!?

Yo Robin, making that call is what managers do. You don't leave it up to a guy with an ego like Sale. He's NEVER going to tell you it's time to come out. YOU HAVE TO BE THE BAD GUY!

If you can't do that, you should ****ing quit...

I repeat... ugh...
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes...

It's not the first time this has happened with Ventura. It's obvious he has no clue, which is hard to believe in this case considering Sale's arm history. Shockingly bad managing. It's really professional negligence.

Watching Ventura this season has been the same as watching De Aza this season. It's a repeat of the same old stuff from last year's debacle. They are what they are. It's a joke that Hahn extended Ventura's contract.

But rather than continue to beat up an incompetent manager, I'd like to call out some others. Don Cooper and Mark Parent should not be allowing Ventura to take down the team in this manner. I can't believe either agree with Ventura's nonsense. But then that would make them as bad as Ventura as far as not having the guts to do the right thing an, in their case, say something to Ventura.

Which brings us to Steve Stone.

Stone knew what was going down as it was happening, but didn't say boo about it. He pulled a Hawk and went silent. For a guy who can criticize others quite a bit and come off as a smug smartass on the radio, Stone sure was quiet when Ventura fell asleep in the dugout.