View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 04:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
We already got bad before we got good - just don't know if this team is actually good yet.
I'm sure Hahn/KW will wait before making any moves. The team just got healthy (for the most part) and now they'll likely sit back and see what they got over the next month or so before deciding. Luckily, the deadline isn't until July 31st.

Quote:
I always want to win, but I have seen this team mortgage the future for a chance at a postseason in the past, and it's been a bad idea.
If they trade Micah Johnson, Tim Anderson, and Tyler Danish for 1.5 seasons of Jeff Samardzija, they deserve all the scrutiny you can muster. However, if they trade a Jared Mitchell for a Brandon McCarthy or a Trace Thompson for a Huston Street, then you shouldn't lose any sleep.

Quote:
The White Flag Trade was so scrutinized, but it was a realistic, future-minded move at a time when many didn't appreciate those kinds of moves.
Ugh. Hated it then, and still hate it. Never felt lower as a Sox fan. An absolute PR disaster of a trade that ultimately yielded them only two useful relief pitchers and nothing more. Pennant races should never be surrendered when you are 3 games back. The Tribe lost 8 in a row after the deal too. Bad memories. This is likely a topic for another thread though.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin