View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 04:54 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
Something like the Liriano trade is exactly the type of move I could see the Sox making. A small market team could look to dump a couple months of salary on the Sox for a mid tier prospect. I don't see the Sox going "all in" and trying to acquire a James Shields or Jeff Samardzija and they probably won't. However, I have no problem at all if management decides to add a veteran player or two if they feel they can win this year. Honestly, I think some Sox fans are too in love with the rebuild "get bad before you get good" idea to accept the fact that the Sox *could* make the postseason this year. Isn't that the ultimate goal after all? I doubt Hahn is going to mortgage the entire future for this year but they also shouldn't bury their head in the sand and pretend they aren't 3 games back in the AL Central.
Exactly. Nobody is talking about mortgaging the future. We're a third of the way through the season and I'm hearing nothing but people saying that, should the opportunity present itself, you can't throw away today's possibilities. The future comes sooner than you think sometimes.