View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 07:48 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Have you actually watched any of the Sox games this year?

First of all, Hawk said he would prefer Alexei over Tulo THIS YEAR. There has been no discussion about last year, two years or four years ago. Alexei was brutal last year, and those numbers would be reflected in his career stat lines. Hawk, not one time that I've seen, has said anything other than, this year, he would prefer Alexei.

Don't try to twist the discussion.

It's not an asinine opinion or unreasonable comment by Hawk, and he doesn't need to be crucified over it. This year, their numbers are close enough that it is not unreasonable that you could lean towards Alexei due to the intangibles regarding the Cubans.
Yes, I have watched the games. I was simply responding to the comment that Tulo is just a product of Coors field. Its an ignorant statement that lacks merit, especially since USCF is a bandbox and pretty much known for being the 2nd best hitters park in the game.

I am sorry that Tulo is better than Alexei, and that Hawk sounds foolish for saying it. The numbers are also not that close, Tulo is slugging 200 points higher than Alexei. I am not sure what intangibles you are speaking of, and Tulowitzki is way ahead right now in defensive metrics.

I am not discrediting Alexie's play, but this is an example of what Hawk does that makes people hate Hawk. It would literally be like if he tried to say that Quintana has been so good, he would take him over Clayton Kershaw.