View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 12:20 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
GoSox:

The problem is you have to have fast enough internet to avoid stoppages and issues. I don't believe I have that. Plus I have little desire to watch a three hour baseball game on a computer screen.

But thanks for the trip, maybe sometime in the future.

Lip
There are multiple options out there, first and foremost, assuming you have a TV and computer that have been built in the past decade, there's got to be a cable you can buy to connect the two and basically turn your TV into a monitor for it. Cheap, easy, effective.

If not, there are a couple of streaming devices you can look into, most specifically the Roku and Chromecast. Roku has a few different products but it is basically a device you hook up to your TV and can stream internet programming directly to your TV. It's nice because it is very user-friendly; it has it's own built-in user interface so you basically download "channel apps" to your device and then can pick programming with a remote control.

Chromecast is made by Google, it's a little more open-ended, but you basically hook it up to your TV and then can "cast" whatever is on your browser (you have to use Google Chrome) and that will appear on your television. Not quite as user friendly as the Roku, but it's also a lot less expensive.

Additionally, an MLB.tv subscription also allows you to watch on other devices, such as tablets, aside from just your computer.