View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:16 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSox2K3 View Post
I hope you're right. The RSNs and ESPN are a total rip off for people who want cable but aren't into sports. Right now, the choice for consumers is pay the high monthly surcharge for these channels (reflected in your bill) or cut the cord.

I really hope the day comes soon where cable/sat providers are forced to offer sports networks a la carte. Let sports fans pay for it themselves and not have the price essentially subsidized by everyone else. The market will dictate how much ESPN and the RSNs can get away with charging customers. No reason why everyone in the NY Yankees television market should have to pay for YES no matter what their interest in that team if they want cable or satellite.

MLB.tv has price options of $79.99 and $99.99 per year:
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions...=MLBTVREDIRECT
Probably because they can make a lot more money that way? I don't see a la carte cable coming anytime soon, if ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
GoSox:

The problem is you have to have fast enough internet to avoid stoppages and issues. I don't believe I have that. Plus I have little desire to watch a three hour baseball game on a computer screen.

But thanks for the trip, maybe sometime in the future.

Lip
It doesn't have to be on a computer, it's not difficult to watch on a TV nowadays. But you're right, that depends on the capability of your internet connection.

Another plus for MLB.tv over Extra Innings is travel: you can take it with you, whether that's on a phone, tablet, or computer.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.