View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 12:27 AM
WSI Guru

Hitmen:

Remember JR and Rocky Wirtz are tight, both paid half for building the United Center. (Specifically the Wirtz family not Rocky personally) Of course if JR is no longer on the scene all bets are off but I'd guess the Hawks would stay with the Sox and Bulls.

Royle:

Again for what it's worth when I asked Bob Grim the Sox director of broadcast operations about a la carte programming options for fans he doubted it would happen because of the chaos it would cause cable and satellite companies. But we'll see...I know there's a legal suit from some football fans against DirecTV that may be winding its way through the courts and that could possibly force a la carte programming but I don't know the status of it at this time.

They are Browns fans and are suing because they have to pay for the entire NFL Sunday Ticket package when all they want to watch is their team.

I know the extra innings package at 250 bucks a year is out of my range (and outrageous to boot for an industry that Bud Selig said is "worth seven billion dollars a year...") But if I could just get the Sox games I could afford 75 or 100.

Lip