Thread: New For 2014
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 08:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman35 View Post
I guess it all depends on what kind of fan you talk to. I doubt older fans (or even people who were adults in 1983) are huge fans of those 1983 uniforms, but I know lots of younger people who like them a lot (and I see them wear a lot of the stuff). I have no idea if JR has a soft spot for them or not, but I can promise you that the people who wear the stuff actually like it, they're not doing it out of some sort of tribute to JR.
I understand that no one would wear this merchandise as a tribute to JR, it's just that the SOX organization has decided that this is "the" alternate jersey, cap, etc. to promote. My question is that with such a rich tradition of diverse uniforms, some great and some not so great, why do they continue to promote this particular uniform style?

I can also appreciate that the Old English SOX script is basically the same regardless of the color of the uniforms that it has appeared on over the past 60 years so it's probably not a good marketing idea to make an alternative uniform with the same design. Altough I would love to see an all-white alternate home uniform (no pinstripes)