View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 02:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGirl View Post
It seems like I was just organizing the Christmas party, but spring training is in full swing and it's time to start thinking about the preseason gathering!

Since Opening Day is a little more than three weeks away (!), it's time to start thinking about our annual toast to the season. Please join us on Saturday, March 29 at:

Place: Rocky's, 234 W. 31st St., Chicago
Date: Saturday, March 29
Time: 7:30p.m.

Rocky's is solid (no pun intended) -- good food, nice ambiance, and near the 31st St. Dan Ryan exit & Sox-35th Red Line stop. Join us to analyze the ins and outs of White Sox baseball and toast an upcoming season that is showing a lot of promise and can't possibly be as bad as its predecessor. We will also likely toast to weather for Opening Day that hopefully won't resemble anything that we've seen this wretched winter!

I hope to see the usual suspects and any newcomers on March 29 at Rocky's!
Hi Jen, Thanks so much for organizing another WSI Gathering. You know how much I enjoy hanging out with my WSI Sox siblings. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to this one. I will miss seeing you and all of my other Sox brothers and sisters. Have fun at the WSI Toast! I will raise my glass during Earth Hour. Here's to a fantastic 2014 baseball season on the South Side of Chicago. Hope to see you/everyone at the ballpark this season. GO SOX!!
October26 - Twenty-SEVEN years ago, I married my husband on October 26. Since that day, we have been blessed with a wonderful family. Then, on October 26, 2005, when the baseball gods bestowed their good fortunes upon us, we saw the White Sox win the World Series. An incredibly talented team of grinders made every Sox fan's dream come true. My family and I celebrated with reckless abandon. And now, we look forward to that day when our White Sox will once again be World Series Champions!