View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 10:39 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
The Sox do have above-par food selection. The problem is, you have to wait in line several innings in order to experience it. And even once you get to order, it's a crapshoot whether they'll have what you want to order, let alone be able to deliver it in an expeditious manner.

And don't tell me this doesn't apply to the standalone food carts. Last year, I stood in line for 20 minutes at the build-your-own-burrito cart, only to get to the front of the line to find out that they were out of tortillas AND the barbacoa wasn't warm yet. IT WAS THE SECOND INNING. That's terrible, but the LEAST they could have done was to make an announcement sometime during that 20 minutes that if you're waiting on a barbacoa burrito, you'll be disappointed.

I wish I could say that experience was an aberration.
I don't understand why anyone would wait in line that long for a ballpark food item. When I see long lines and they aren't moving quickly, the $12 burrito tends to be something I can live without, just like when I see lines out the door at Portillo's or other places. There are things worth the wait, but why miss the game when it's for a taco bell quality item?