View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufsox View Post
I can't say I've been to 24 ballparks, but I'll take you at your word that the helpfulness of the staff is lacking, but I've never really experienced it, at least consistently.

I have to disagree on the food selection however. From the brisket sandwiches, the bao (hidden gem of the park) burger barn among others, I can't think of many stadiums with better food. Some items at certain venues (Boog's bbq a personal favorite) are better, but for variety and overall quality USCF is pretty good.

I do agree with you regarding the scoreboard set up as well. More than anything, the White Sox are just behind the curve. When the scoreboard was originally put in, it was top of the line. The line has moved up considerably since then. If nothing else the "light bulb" scoreboard needs to be jettisoned and something capable of handling more data is needed.
The Sox do have above-par food selection. The problem is, you have to wait in line several innings in order to experience it. And even once you get to order, it's a crapshoot whether they'll have what you want to order, let alone be able to deliver it in an expeditious manner.

And don't tell me this doesn't apply to the standalone food carts. Last year, I stood in line for 20 minutes at the build-your-own-burrito cart, only to get to the front of the line to find out that they were out of tortillas AND the barbacoa wasn't warm yet. IT WAS THE SECOND INNING. That's terrible, but the LEAST they could have done was to make an announcement sometime during that 20 minutes that if you're waiting on a barbacoa burrito, you'll be disappointed.

I wish I could say that experience was an aberration.