View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 04:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
While I think Webb is ready for the majors, there is nothing wrong with getting him extra work in Charlotte. He has only had 38 innings above AA, so getting him some more time in the minors is not a bad thing. I know anything about Guerra, but from what I read, he should be a good middle reliver and maybe close.
I kind've feel bad for Webb. He started the spring as a closer candidate and pretty much a lock for the bullpen and now might be on the outside looking in. Not to mention that he lost his mother unexpectedly which caused him to miss a week of Cactus League games. Guerra seems more like a project and they will have to evaluate him on the fly if he makes the team. It's unfortunate this deal didn't happen earlier in Spring Training where Cooper would have been able to work longer with him. I think the Sox probably would rather have Guerra in Charlotte but the whole "out of options" thing is coming into play.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin