View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 02:04 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Just out of curiosity, you guys are aware Dunn was the best offensive player the Sox had last season, correct? I'm not going to shed a tear for him when his White Sox tenure inevitably ends one way or another this season, but from a pretty basic numbers perspective, without Dunn the Sox probably would have lost several more games last year, right?
Yes- I'm aware- falls into the "tallest midget" category.

For this year's team- I think Dunn's salary is a sunk cost- the market for Dunn is very limited (American League contender, who needs a DH vs. right handers, and is willing to take on some of his salary or trade something of value to get him).

I'd rather have De Aza/PK/Abreu/Viciedo rotate as DH and use Dunn's spot to add Danks or L. Garcia to the roster- and eliminate all of those strike outs and a "station to station" guy when he's on the bases. I know it's completely subjective- but I just think the guy brings a loser mentality to the team chemistry- he doesn't work his ass off to get in shape in the offseason, he hit .159 last September and is hitting .200 with no home runs in spring training- he seems "defeated" to me.

Last year he hit .248 with RISP and hit .184 as DH (he won't get many ABs at a 1st baseman this year)- so I don't really think we lose much if we let him go-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."