View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 11:13 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Yep, on both counts.

Would rather keep DeAza for his hitting/speed combo and flexibility and move Viciedo for some futures (Catcher, please) while his potential value is fairly high.

IMO, Axe looks to take a step up this year if the Sox stop using him as a starter. Considering our other options below setup, he could move up in the bullpen mix.
I think De Aza will have a strong season this year- he's looked very good in the few spring training games I've watched- I think he's a very good 4th OF- but I don't like him as an every day starter.

But for a rebuilding team- De Aza turn 30 this year and J. Danks is looking much improved (so a good fit as a LH 4th OF)- so if he's productive and can generate trade value- I think you need to move him.

For the short term- I'd prefer De Aza as our LH DH (with Danks as an additional OF) and just release Dunn (stinking up again in spring training) and move on-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."

Last edited by TomBradley72; 03-21-2014 at 11:25 AM.