View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 08:40 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
When it comes to the whole scoreboard topic- I would love to see a significant renovation to entire outfield concourse area:
  1. Keep the fundamentals area (maybe put in permanent signage vs. the vinyl stuff they put out there each year)
  2. Replace the "tinker toy" and billboard look with a look that includes the arches from Old Comiskey (and the exterior windows of the new park)- you can still have advertising within the arches, etc.
  3. Install a primary scoreboard that is the modern version of the iconic center field scoreboard from old Comiskey- either in straightaway center or if that doesn't work (due to the Fan Deck)- in LF like they have at Comerica Park or Progressive Field.
  4. Include an area that will be the permanent home for displaying the retired numbers and relocate the "White Sox Hall of Fame/Museum" to this area
Possibly fund it through a naming rights deal- the United Airlines Concourse, etc.
I agree. Although the black lattace looks better than the original white lattace, I would rather have a bricked archway-type back wall that would hold the scoreboards and advertising. It would help enclose the park and improve the overall look and feel.