View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 10:32 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Didn't Brooks say a certain amount of teams have to get bigger video boards before the Sox get theirs upgraded? At the time of the last upgrade in CF, I believe 2003, I think that was the largest screen in the league.

You can complain about the White Sox and their video boards all you want, but THIS ISN'T A WHITE SOX ISSUE. THE WHITE SOX ARE TENANTS AND DON'T OWN THE BOARDS OR USCF. THE OWNER HAS TO MAKE THE IMPROVEMENTS.
Yes and no. As part of the lease agreement, money is set aside every year for capital improvements to the park ( if I remember correctly, it was about $2 million per year.) it's up to the Sox to decide how to spend it or set it aside for a major improvement later. The Sox can also set aside incremental revenue, in this case ad revenue, to finance the new board. All of the improvements done since 2003 have pretty much come from the bond that was financed from the US Cellular naming rights. Now if the Sox pledged ad revenue from the 2003 boards were installed, they might not be be paid off yet, which would restrict pledging that revenue to a new board. I suspect that may be the problem here.