View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 05:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barchetta View Post
This is probably one of the best ideas I've read in a long time. Some nice "home whites" used only for Sundays that keep the current, Old English logo, but add the navy/red 83' color scheme. All white uniforms with the navy/red piping on the pants and jerseys plus navy caps with red bills would look great IMO. This would offer the SOX marketing the alternative color option they want to drive merchandise sales while not replicating the actual design of the 83 uniforms which IMO look horrible dated based on today's uniform styles. What worked in 1983 does not work today with belt loops, baggy long pants and not stirrups.

Hello Brooks...
I have to assume the 83 throwback stuff is much more about selling the alternate logos than it is about the alternate color - the reason I think this is because they sell stuff in a bunch of different colors (even colors that the team would never actually wear) ANYWAY (just check out shop.mlb.com)

On a semi-related note, they still list the standard 1983 cap as a "authentic on-field" cap. Might just be old stock from last year, or maybe they'll use both that AND the "new" batterman cap?