View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 05:01 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Sox_Summer View Post
Actually you said this in reference to the marketing department - "I just think they don't care and/or are simply bad at their jobs." So I was asking how many games you went to. Mostly because if you do go to multiple games, they are doing their job, at least good enough for you. If you don't go to games, I asked what would make you go. What would be the biggest factor in you not going to games?

I get tired of hearing that the organization doesn't care. The amount of surveys they send out (free tickets they give out for doing them) shows me that they do care. They responded to the major one in 2013 by drastically lowering ticket prices, the major thing that fans said was the factor why they don't go to games.

I understand that this is a place for people to vent and whatnot, but the sweeping accusations that the organization doesn't care is just silly. People will always complain, just our nature, and I usually think that it just makes you passionate for the cause. But it seems to get out of hand from time to time.
I went to fewer games last year (5 or 6) than any season since I got my drivers license back in 1997. Yeah, that's due in large part to the terrible team on the field. But the marketing department exists, really, to make the terrible seasons tolerable enough to make people still want to come to games. So if that's the measure of success, then they failed.