View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 11:48 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
What I love about this site and Sox fans in general-

Sox fan- "Brooks sucks. How does he still have a job? The Sox need new and fresh ideas."

Sox go out and do something as trivial as limiting the role of the organ player or getting rid of a patch on the jersey or trying to change the pregame video and the fanbase FREAKS.

Your screwed no matter what you do.
Limiting the role of the organ player is not a "fresh idea"- it's just following the herd- after Nancy Faust was such a great tradition for 30+ years and created a very unique (and now disappearing) tradition of Na-Na after a big home run or knocking a pitcher out of the game.

The orginal pre-game video was widely praised- the new one isn't very well done- I don't think Sox fans are against GOOD new ideas- just against bad ideas or badly executed ideas.

Why eliminating the patch would be considered a "fresh idea" is beyond me (don't really care about that one much)
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."