View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 02:49 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Both have zero trade value. Why do you think they re still here.

Sox are just trying to hold on to hope here, at least for Beckham.

They need to realize he's a bust and just move on.
Solid 2nd baseman on defense- hit .300+, with OPS ~.760 for June/July (which over a full season would put him between Hendrick and Kinsler among AL 2nd basemen) after coming back from injury and before more injuries set in-

The White Sox are not in a position to simply dump viable major league talent and get nothing in return- IF Beckham can do that over a full season- someone will want him and they can get some talent in return for their overall rebuilding.

DeAza could be very good 4th OF on a contender-

Talent like that can bring some return from a contender who gets hit with injuries during the season-

Their salaries will in no way impede whatever they plan on offering Tanaka-

Semian committed 28 errors across AA/AAA/MLB in 2013- so I'm sure they's like him to stabilize his defense with another year of minor league "seasoning" before asking him to be a starter at the major league level- which seems like a sound player development strategy to me-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."