View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 02:33 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
That seems like a really high number. At the same time, I also think - without any actual evidence (just based on the fact that I have many friends who have been selected in their process) - that this has been happening for 3 off seasons now.
I know a couple of guys who are ticket brokers that used to have maybe 20-30 different Cub season ticket plans who have slowly been dropping their numbers down into the teens or less because the demand just isn't there any more and they're tired of getting stuck with games where you can find bleacher seats going for pennies online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochpuppy View Post
Cubs attendance has been dropping for the past 5 seasons. Last year was their lowest since 1997.
At this point, their glorious "attendance" numbers are being propped up exclusively by tourists and NL Central foes. A few college buddies and I went to a Cubs/Cardinals game this past season and I have to say at least 50% of the Lower Bowl were Cardinal fans. Granted, St. Louis had a good team, but the same thing happens when the Brewers or Reds are in town, too, they absolutely swarm Wrigley.