View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 02:22 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears1987 View Post
I'm just going to say that it would be dumb to dump a ton of money into unproven rookies from overseas just as this team is about to be freed of some terrible money contracts. I'd rather see this team go through a few years of developing prospects. Once this team is ready to compete (and I mean compete for the World Series, not barely get in the wildcard), I wouldn't mind spending money to bring in a few missing pieces. The Sox did that successfully in the 04/05 offseason with Iguchi.
C'mon, lets not pretend like we all thought that Iguchi and AJ were the last missing pieces to a championship team. At the end of that off-season where we had let Maggs go, traded Carlos Lee for a speed guy and a reliever and brought in Dustin Hermannson to back up Shingo...it sure didn't look like a championship roster, even a playoff roster.

Even the most optimistic people were saying 80 something wins. It wasn't until we saw how the team pitched and how the offense clicked together when everyone took notice of how the team was built and how Ozzie was using them.

H2H1 Champion 2011, 2012
Dynasty Runner up 2012