View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 10:34 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
The Sox have done very well retooling this year for the future. I think its time now to roll the dice and go after Tanaka. In the past 30 years the Sox have had one elite starting pitcher, BlackJack and Sale is right there knocking on the door. Thats 30 years of draft picks. The way baseball is these days, the Sox only way of getting a young elite pitcher is through the draft and as you can see that doesnt happen often. Money shouldnt be a problem going after Tanaka, it shouldnt hamstring the organization at all. Having two elite starters would put the Sox on the map and would lure FA's in the future. I am really tired of the Sox thinking small when they have the resources now to think and act big. I hope they are flying a slealth mission and are prepared to snag him to everyone's surprise.

Well at least I can still dream.
I don't think the issue is the Sox have been thinking too small- but that when they've decided to "think big"- it's been hit and miss- alot of money to Dunn, Peavy, Danks and Rios in the past few years- without alot to show for it for different reasons.

I've thought they might be going stealth on Tanaka- JR has openly said they have more payroll available- and all of Hahn's acquisitions so far have been relatively low cost and under control for a number of years.

They might make a run- but hard to see them outbidding NYY or LAD-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."