View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 12:50 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Actually, we're retooling, not rebuilding, and we're doing it in a different manner than we have in the last 6 or 7 years and we're going to be looking for a different type of player at various positions than we have.
And retooling is a continuation of the same overall philosophy we have had...the micro aspects are different.
Different type of player? That's really not accurate. Aside from Eaton (who is very similar to Erstad), Hahn has acquired guys that have a lot of power, K a lot and don't walk a lot. He's acquiring younger players, but that's an obvious call. I love what he's doing, but there isn't a "philosophy" change and he's not targeting "a different type of player."

I almost forgot about the best Cuban available. Yeah, totally different than KW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).