View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 10:30 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
Yesterday Hahn said that KW wanted to rebuild for the last few years. Let's not pretend that KW doesn't have a huge hand in the make up of this team.

I never understood the KW hate.
Pretty much right on.

For the teams that he had assembled in the early to mid 2000s, he had the talent ready to win a World Series, so he shot from the hip and made some big moves to win. I appreciated that as a fan after living through the Scott Ruffcorn era.

He was close to doing the rebuild before the 2011 season but decided to give it one more try to Dunn, PK and AJ. Didn't work, so God Bless the front office. Hopefully things get back on track in a couple of years to the point where they can talk about making a big splash at the trade deadline to get that final missing piece.

The whole thing is cyclical, as it should be. I don't think anyone hates Kenny, but the Robbie Alomar or Carl Everett jokes are lame. Everett actually was a great pickup both times. Alomar somewhat fell off a cliff, but it beat the hell out of D'Angelo Jiminez getting caught sleeping on the basepaths.