View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 06:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
If you look at the 2013 Davidson had for Reno and the 2012 Gillaspie had for Fresno, they are quite similar except that Davidson hit a lot more doubles and struck out a lot more. Gillaspie also played a better third base. I'm not suggesting Davidson doesn't have a higher ceiling. I would love to see Davidson give me a reason to get excited about the White Sox upgrading at third base, but he has to show me something first. And I'm not certain I'll see it in 2014.
One never really knows about a prospect till he plays for awhile in the majors. Davidson will be barely 23 when the season starts, where he starts the season we dont know. I am not really too concerned about what will be seen in his 1st year. This coming year the Sox dont need players that will step right in because this team wont compete. Getting prospects is always a roll of the dice, some will make it and some wont. This kid has been touted so I guess that means his chances are higher than others. What the Sox are doing is getting a higher probability type of prospect to make the majors. What will come from it, no one knows but its really the only way they can go.