View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 05:50 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34 Inch Stick View Post
I wonder with all the low paid and controlled players the Sox are acquiring as well as the opening in the rotation, if the Sox would at least put up the $20 million for Tanaka bidding
Plus the money coming off the books next year...it's starting to look to me like Hahn's got a hell of a plan. He didn't want to do too much last year, but he seems to have had a long term vision that he's nailing right now. If he can grab us a quality rotation arm and dump Dunn, I am prepared to hail him as king. I've spent the last year looking at this roster wondering how they could possibly turn it around, just like most of WSI. I'm impressed, I have to say. There's still a way to go, but for one off season and going back to the tradeline, you've got to like it. The only player I'm really going to miss is Santiago, but you've got to give something to get something. Even if the Sox go with a 90 million payroll this year, really this is a 120+ payroll team. He's going to be swimming in flexibility the next few years.

Last edited by TheVulture; 12-16-2013 at 05:57 PM.