View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 03:49 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
I hate to use the "C" word here, but in year one of this rebuild, The Sox seem a little further along than the Cubs in their second year of rebuilding. I'm not sensing a lot of excitement from their fans. Theo may be getting the publicity, but Hahn seems to have more of a plan and is following through on it.
This is probably a whole different thread- but Theo is the proven commodity with a plan that hase been articulated for over a year- and they are really working the communication process with their season ticket holders. A friend of mine is a partial season ticket holder- and attended a season ticket holder event at the Cadillac Theater where the Cubs laid out their plans, etc.- he said it was really well done and it worked in getting the fan base excited.

The Sox have been much more low key- no big communications on the "grand plan" etc- and alot of that plan just happened in the past few weeks. What Hahn has done- shows the value of good pitching(as trade bait) when you're trying to rebuild.

As always- pitching is an after thought on the north side- not much there when Epstein took over- and not much in the farm system today.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."