View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 03:46 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard6king6 View Post
I will miss Reed as i am a season ticket holder by the bullpen. Addison and Santiago who are now both gone were the only 2 pitchers who constantly came over and interacted with the fans. Personally I will miss Reed but on the other hand this is a great move!!! We are going with young mostly ready major league talent.
Reed and Santiago were the last two regular closers for the White Sox. Santiago started the 2012 season in the role. He faltered and Reed took over through 2012 and 2013.

Jones is probably the leading candidate among the White Sox management to close in 2014. He probably has the best stuff for one inning as anyone on the staff. On one hand, I didn't think the Sox had enough bullpen talent to trade Reed this offseason.

The Sox must believe highly in Davidson, though. I don't know that Davidson has developed with the Diamondbacks expectations. He didn't look like a future star in Reno last season. I thought he could have used more plate discipline. But he is still very young. Maybe, I hope Sox scouts saw something in him that shows up in a Sox uniform.