View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 01:51 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Rosenthal just tweeted that some teams like Davidson more at first so if Abreu is absolutely abysmal at first I guess they would slide Davidson over? It's kind of odd to see the White Sox have four guys on the roster who are first baseman.
Dunn is a trade/salary dump waiting to happen and obviously PK is in retirement tour mode-

Davidson at 3rd enables a number of good things to happen- no risk of forcing Semian to plug 3rd- which could open up the ability to trade Beckham if he can generate trade value, it allows us to dump Gillaspie as the AAAA player that he is, and hopefully Keppinger has a good spring- and we can get someone to take off our hands the right handed version of Mark Teahen.

I also like the overall change in team chemistry all of this young talent will bring- this is very significant overhaul from late July, 2013 to Opening Day, 2014.

And now Hahn can (possibly) play the last card of trade bait he has available (De Aza) to get an upgrade at catcher- might be a long shot.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."