View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 07:46 PM
WSI Guru

I wrote this about six months ago, but Dunn right now is strikingly similar to Greg Luzinski in 1984. The statistics are eerie. In fact, Bull's 1984 numbers were BETTER than Dunn's in some categories last year, particularly BA and on-base. Dunn had more homers and thus higher slugging. Still, Luzinski fell off the cliff basically in one season and retired. Dunn's been doing it over the course of the past three years, and that includes a comeback POY award in 2012 when he batted .204. Just unreal and unimaginable.

I wouldn't call Dunn the most despised Sox player ever. He's been self-deprecating, if not almost apologetic, in interviews. I can't blame him for not walking away from the money. I'd like to see him work harder, but none of us really knows what goes on behind the scenes. Just got to hope for the best in 2014. I think Dunn does better when playing the field because he has something else to focus on, and my crazy ass theory would be to start him in LF to get him into shape and focus. Defense suffers, but this was always most successful when it was a softball team at the corners.