View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
IMO, people complaining about this trade simply know little to nothing about Eaton and like Santiago because they have seen many of his games. Of course, that is common among fans of any team who spend the majority or all their sports time really only following the players on their favorite team(s).

Eaton is far more prized than Santiago. Does that guarantee he'll be the next coming of Barry Bonds or something? Of course not. But the poster who said that the Sox benefit from picking up middling pitching prospects, improving them, and flipping them for value was right. I think this was a good deal of the reasoning for those arguing Quintana should be moved, too.

But hey, at least I didn't have to read about how either of them is "overpaid" in this thread.

Adam Eaton was one hell of a pickup for Hector Santiago. As you all know, I criticize the Sox as much as anyone here, but not this time.
Yep. The argument I don't get is thinking the Sox would get a better return for Santiago. He's a middle to back end rotation pitcher with one full season under his belt, and was swapped for a top prospect who could be the CFer for the Sox and a core piece for the foreseeable future. Add in he's cost controlled and fills a need, I don't see the issue here.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03