View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 10:48 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
Really fans should have been more upset with the Dunn signing than this thread would have you believe they are about the Konerko signing, especially considering the terms. And if you go back to the Dunn-signing-day thread, only a scant few of us were.

The anger in this thread rivals the anger over not signing Frank Thomas after a season in which he couldn't even play in 40 games, and the White Sox won the World Series without him.

I like the Konerko signing at the terms of the Konerko signing, especially for Abreu's first year in American baseball. It isn't a big move, but for what it is, I think it's a good baseball move.
The Sox won the World Series with Frank Thomas. He has the ring to prove it.

This is an awful baseball move, but I don't really care. We're going to suck with, or without Paul Konerko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).