View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 09:20 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRob View Post
Then that's an asset yes? And that's my point and you answered it. How many teams have that? Dunn overpaid? yes. Should he bat clean up? no (5th or 6th) Is Dunn useless no. He's has 1 bad non productive year with the Sox. Fans have every reason to be disapointed, but seriously Dunn has become the whipping boy of this team even though it really hasn't been all that horrible.
Wait, what? The Sox haven't had anyone hit for 30/100 since Konerko in 2011 and haven't had a lefty do it since Thome in '06.

I agree Dunn gets a lot of grief here, but let's not act like he doesn't deserve it. His oWAR in 3 seasons with the Sox is 0.5. Zero point five. He's contributed half of one win in 3 seasons with his bat (sort of important for a DH). And he has been absolutely miserable against left handed hitters so a straight Konkero/Dunn DH platoon actually doesn't bug me, I'm really more worried that Ventura won't be able to keep those guys to a schedule. I've got a bad feeling we're going to see Dunn and Konerko in the same lineup more than for an occasional day of rest for some other guys.