View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 01:10 PM
WSI Regular

Just read that st. louis post-dispatch article which mentions the cards expressing interest in Alexei at the 2013 trade deadline. Alexei's offense has been pretty bad the last couple years and he's now 32. I think you have to capitalize on the slick fielding reputation and 'big' name recognition alexei can still get you and get what you can for him. Stock up the farm system, clear some salary, plug in Sanchez, and go get Granderson/Beltran. If the Sox are done making any other significant moves I don't see them busting out of the cellar they put themselves in last year, even with a full year of Abreu and Garcia. It's going to take more than that with the knuckleheads we got stepping up to the plate (Viciedo, Beckham, Alexei). If not Beltran or Granderson, who else could get us that 3rd power bat that we desperately need? If not now, what about a couple a years from now? Who will be available that the Sox could realistically land?

That's my stupid GM for a day scenario anyway. Anyone else feel like hanging on to alexei at this point is kinda 'delusional'?