View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 01:08 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Oh no doubt. I just think they'll cancel each other out mostly. And of course this is contingent on no big pickups.

Konerko was terrible last year, but so was Dunn. And there's a lot of different arguments...Dunn's batting average was worse, Paulie's OPS is worse...that's why I'm relying on WAR here. Overall, they were both pretty bad according to WAR (which takes both into account). And Paulie was about a game worse (a little more). But to a team like we're going to field...there's really no difference in the choice. So why not bring back the guy you'd rather have based on other things? He's been here longer, is well liked by the fan base, and is the last remaining player from our World Series title.

IDK...to me, unless you're going out and trading for Billy Butler to DH long term, this seems like an obvious move.
Your post pretty much sums up my take on it.

Dunn is horrible vs. LHPs, PK (even in such a bad year) hit LHPs pretty well- so a platoon DH set up while lighting candles and praying that an AL team wil take Dunn off our hands before his contract expires makes sense to me.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."