View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 12:28 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I agree they should expect it...but I'm with Kittle. The vibe I'm getting from a lot of responses seem to be an expectation of a good year. People are going to be in for a rude awakening. This year's team could actually be worse, considering the young pitching is likely (I'm looking squarely at Santiago) to regress (or continue to regress, in his case). Not to mention - Sale and Quintana both had about a good a year as you can expect from them. In general, those things don't duplicate on a consistent basis (although, in Sale's case it might).
Yeah, but you can also flip that and point out the offense was collectively about as awful as possible. Even the worst of teams are usually more offensively proficient than the 2013 Sox, so it's likely there will be some movement toward the middle, there as well.

I also don't see many responses in this thread that seem to be from people who expect the Sox to be very good next year, but that doesn't mean we have to give away at bats to Konerko who was about as awful of a player in the AL last year.