View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 10:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Comeback player of the year was only because he sucked so bad in 2011. He hit .204 in 2012 the year he won thw award- so he still sucked- just not as bad as in 2011.

Adam Dunn in 2013- .219 BA, .320 OBP, .762 OPS, .241 w/RISP

Paul Konerko in 2013- .244/.316/.669, .319 w/RISP

I'll take Paulie- any day.

He's not the reason we sucked- we're just better without him- no matter how many solo/meaningless HRs he hits- a .219 batting average for a DH is just unacceptable.
You have so many posts ragging on Dunn, it's hard to take you seriously. He's still a premier power hitter. He still walks a lot, including leading the league in '12. Dunn is a very flawed player that still has value. Konerko is statistically among the worst in baseball. It's not even a discussion.

*disclaimer*
I harp on Beckham a lot, but he actually does suck. Both the offensive and defensive numbers prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).