View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly213 View Post
I get what you're saying here, and I get the idea behind it, that another generation of kids will grow up White Sox fans like they did Cub fans when the Cubs were on the WGN when they were growing up..

But times are different now, kids have way more entertainment options then they used to, and I dont see kids coming home from school and sitting in front of the TV to watch White Sox baseball. With most cable packages carrying the MLB network, kids growing up who are big baseball fans are going to flock to the teams that are actually really good and have big stars. It's much easier to follow an out of market team now than it has ever been.

I wouldn't be against the Sox having more games on WGN simply because I think they have a better production than Comcast does. But as others have said in this thread I believe the Sox get more money from their Comcast deal than they would WGN.
For me it would be great as I only get to see them when they are on WGN or when they are playing the Rays and watch on SunSports.
The other thing I was thinking is that we might become relevant nationally, I'm not saying we would become America's team but maybe ESPN would realize there are 2 teams in MLB with Sox in their names. I'm tired of people when I meet them and tell them I'm originally from Chicago and the first thing they ask is if I'm a Cub fan.