View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:40 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
If this happens and the Cubs leave WGN the Sox need to step in and put as many games they can on WGN. Only good things could come from a move like that. That being said I will believe it when I see it that the Cubs and WGN part ways.
I get what you're saying here, and I get the idea behind it, that another generation of kids will grow up White Sox fans like they did Cub fans when the Cubs were on the WGN when they were growing up..

But times are different now, kids have way more entertainment options then they used to, and I dont see kids coming home from school and sitting in front of the TV to watch White Sox baseball. With most cable packages carrying the MLB network, kids growing up who are big baseball fans are going to flock to the teams that are actually really good and have big stars. It's much easier to follow an out of market team now than it has ever been.

I wouldn't be against the Sox having more games on WGN simply because I think they have a better production than Comcast does. But as others have said in this thread I believe the Sox get more money from their Comcast deal than they would WGN.