View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 08:33 PM
WSI High Priest

As many of you know, I'm a 20-year veteran of this event and I have to say, I'm pretty surprised that the pricing remains the same once again. Nearly $300 for two nights in the hotel, plus an additional $60 per weekend pass (season ticket holder discount) for a team that lost 99 games and has exactly one marketable player (Chris Sale)? The Sox got this one wrong - big time. Since there was such a delay from the Sox with this information, I was hopeful the delay was a result of price tweaking. I guess they didn't get the message over the last several years that this is too expensive for the casual fan, or even some die-hards based on the lack of attendance.

After all of the surveys the Sox have sent out over the course of the last year, they still think it's OK to charge people a young fortune for its fan convention? I just don't get it. They're so out-of-touch with their fan base, it's not even funny. It'll be comical to watch the Sox all but get down on their knees and plead with people to attend this event once December and January roll around.

/end rant
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12

Last edited by ChiSoxGirl; 10-28-2013 at 09:07 PM.